Friday, October 30, 2015

Two years ago

We get there dressed in colorful clothes, painted in red as if we were bleeding, with skirts and capes to cover normality just for a night. The place is filled with familiar faces hidden behind make-up; I recognize conversations around me while the music becomes present in that little building, and the smell of smoke melts between the people. I see every pair of eyes but yours, even though I barely knew it then. The words without meaning continue and the pictures destined for photo albums follow them. I move between the small multitude and you finally appear in front of me, radiant, dressed with an elegance that is unjust for the occasion we're celebrating. And me, with ribbons in my hair, turn redder than the nose I should be wearing. We talk, as if time was endless.

The melody stops and we run out into the autumn air, without a path, wishing for the stars to guide us. The moon helps me conceal the butterflies in my stomach and that innocent desire to stay by your side in a bench and let time fall to the ground.

Midnight reaches us, that time that tells all, those numbers in the clock that indicate that the sunrise of a new story is about to begin. It's like a fairy tale, you are the knight dressed in white with a bow tie that takes the cold away from the girl that has been left speechless.

And, in a moment, without being conscious of it, the first of November is the first chapter in our love book. The alley is marked by our unfamiliar kiss and our cheeks by the air that surrounds us.

The night of nightmares ends with a dream that has just begun and two hearts with a new beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment