Wednesday, August 24, 2016

An eternal summer

I remember the day the sun shined like never before. The sun rays made their way through the leaves of the trees and illuminated the park with happiness. I can still feel the heat in my veins and your breath on my cheek. We were alone with the silence. Hours passed by slowly, letting us enjoy that August morning that will never leave our memories. I still have the key you gave me in my pocket, with your promise to see me again.

I remember that night next to the stars. My heart still thinks of your lips next to mine and your hands on my waist. We were stuck to the present and the lyrics of the song I still listen to every night before dreaming of your eyes. I remember crying of laughter with your silliness and knowing the summer wouldn't leave us when autumn came. You still have my red kiss on your cheek, with my promise to see you again.

I remember those moments between the walks and the glances. Your smile was an oasis in the hot days in the mountains of Madrid. We were lost in the past and the future, without caring what would happen when the clouds would take me. I still breathe the words we said without fear and the times we laughed with our friends about how time changes. We still have the dance steps in our feet, with our promise to let destiny run its course.

I remember that summer like it was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment